Wednesday, September 29, 2004

 

Power restored! (corrected)

I wish this post title referred to something other than electricity, but I suppose I should count my blessings—and the restoration of electricity is definitely a blessing. We got our power back an hour or so ago.

It made me realize up close and personal the hell the Iraqis are enduring just on the one issue of having dependable electricity. What I went through for 5 days is a constant in their lives.

For those of you who may have wondered what happened to me, I was waylaid by Hurricane Jeanne. Happily we came through just fine, but we certainly missed the light, refrigeration, air-conditioning, internet, radio and television.

Anyway, I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'll be posting tomorrow.


I wrote that I had been without power for 5 days. Not! It was only a little more than 3 days. It just seemed like 5 days.
 

Post a Comment

<< Simply Appalling Home

Atom feed

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blog Search Engine

Politics
Blog Top Sites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?