Friday, September 30, 2005

 

Google's blog search engine sucks (but it's still in beta)

I don't really understand the great importance of a blog search engine at all other than to compete with Technorati, which seems to be doing a tolerable job of doing what it's doing if it would upgrade its servers.

But if Google plans to have one, they have a long way to go between the beta version and the official launch. With the new search engine you see at the top of the page, I can no longer search my own blog and find material I know I've written. This is a problem I didn't have with their general search engine.

So if you're trying to find something you think you remember reading here, your best bet is to search for it using a standard Google search, putting Simply Appalling in quotes and then the material you're looking for. At least that's what I do.
 

Post a Comment

<< Simply Appalling Home

Atom feed

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Blog Search Engine

Politics
Blog Top Sites

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?